GMP Approved Spironolactone For Sale
Sample For Quality Approval: Available
Packing: 25kg/Drum (standard)
MOQ: 1kg (Subject To Negotiation)
Lead time: Contact Us Before Order
Looking for China Spironolactone Factory? Contact Us Now！
What Is Spironolactone? (Aldactone)
Product Name: Spironolactone
Cas No.: 52-01-7
Molecular Formula: C24H32O4S
Molecular Weight: 416.62
Purity: 99% as min
Spironolactone is one of our GMP Approved Pharmaceutical Ingredients. It is a white to off-white powder. Spironolactone is a potassium-sparing diuretic that competitively inhibits mineralocorticoid receptors in the distal convoluted tubule to promote sodium and water excretion and potassium retention.
It is indicated to treat several conditions including heart failure, deem, hyperaldosteronism, adrenal hyperplasia, hypertension, and nephrotic syndrome. Its off-label uses include hirsutism, female pattern hair loss, and adult acne vulgaris. Reportedly spironolactone is also frequently used in medical gender transition.
- Spironolactone Tablets (25 mg, 50 mg, and 100 mg)
- Spironolactone Oral Suspension (2mg/ml, 25/5ml)
- Spironolactone Compounded Oral Suspension (5mg/ml)
- Veterinary Spironolactone Compounded Oral Suspension
- Spironolactone and Hydrochlorothiazide Compounded Oral Suspension
- Spironolactone and Hydrochlorothiazide Tablets
Spironolactone is mainly used for:
1. New York Heart Association Class III-IV heart failure;
2. Edema in cirrhotic adults not responsive to fluid and sodium restrictions;
3. Primary hyperaldosteronism short-term preoperatively
4. Primary hyperaldosteronism long-term in patients with aldosterone-producing adrenal adenomas that are not candidates for surgery or patients with bilateral micro/macronodular adrenal hyperplasia
5. Add-on therapy in hypertension, and nephrotic syndrome when treatment of the disease as well as fluid and sodium restriction with other diuretics is inadequate.
6.Hirsutism, female pattern hair loss, and adult acne vulgaris.
Spironolactone is also frequently used for its antiandrogenic effects in transgender female patients due to its low cost and reducing male-pattern hair growth.
What is the difference between Spironolactone and Eflornithine HCl (Spironolactone vs Eflornithine)?
As we all know, both spironolactone and eflornithine hydrochloride can be used for female facial hirsutism, but what are their differences?
1. Dosage forms.
Spironolactone is made into tablets or oral suspensions but never used topically. While eflornithine is mainly made into topical creams well-known as Vaniqa of Gillette. There was an eflornithine injection, but it was discontinued for safety reasons.
2. Working Mechanism.
Spironolactone is also used for facial hirsutism due to its androgen-blocking ability. Spironolactone works by blocking androgen’s ability to affect the human body. Spironolactone is similar to finasteride on androgen blocking-mechanism. But it may take 3 to 6 months for spironolactone to work. Many will use birth control pills together with spironolactone for a better facial-hair-ridding effect because birth control pills can reduce androgen production.
Eflornithine hydrochloride is also used to treat hirsutism, but it works by interfering with a chemical in hair follicles under the skin to slow hair growth when applied topically. Please note, eflornithine topical does not permanently remove facial hair or prevent hair growth.
3. Social influence.
The topical eflornithine cream has long been indicated for the treatment of facial hirsutism in women. Eflornithine cream is the main-stream cure for hirsutism, while spironolactone is only auxiliary.
In clinical studies with Vaniqa, 81% percent of women showed clinical improvement after twelve months of treatment. Positive results were seen after eight weeks. However, discontinuation of the cream caused regrowth of hair back to baseline levels within 8 weeks. But eflornithine topical cream does significantly reduce the psychological burden of facial hair.
Due to the small demand for eflornithine hydrochloride in the market, eflornithine didn’t get commercially produced in China and its price has been very high. While spironolactone has been commercially produced long ago, the cost of spironolactone is only 1/10 of eflornithine.
Spironolactone Side Effects
Spironolactone’s side effects are as but not limited to the following:
1. Vomiting, diarrhea, and stomach pain or cramps
2. Dry mouth and thirst
3. Dizziness, mild drowsiness or headache
4. Swelling breast
5. Irregular menstrual periods and post-menopausal vaginal bleeding
7. Deepening of the voice and increased hair growth
8. Drowsiness, tiredness, and restlessness
9. Muscle pain or weakness
10. Numbness or tingling
11. Paralysis in the arms or legs
13. Confusion, extreme tiredness, and fainting
14. Unusual bleeding or bruising
15. Life-threatening skin reactions
16. Flu-like symptoms, pain in the upper right abdomen, loss of appetite, vomiting blood, or bloody stools
17. Difficulty breathing or swallowing
What Are Spironolactone's Interactions
The metabolism of Warfarin could be decreased when combined with Spironolactone. The therapeutic efficacy of 4-Methoxyamphetamine, 4-Bromo-2,5-dimethoxyphenethylamine, Abediterol, Abiraterone could be decreased when used in combination with Spironolactone.
Spironolactone may increase the excretion rate of acarbose which could result in a lower serum level and potentially a reduction in efficacy. The risk or severity of hyperkalemia can be increased when Spironolactone is combined with Acebutolol.
Spironolactone has negative interaction with but not limited to the following active pharmaceutical ingredients: Lithium; ACE inhibitors such as benazepril; Angiotensin II receptor blockers such as azilsartan; Digoxin; Cholestyramine; Steroids such as progesterone, prednisone, medroxyprogesterone; non-steroidal anti-inflammatory ingredients such as Ibuprofin, paracetamol, aspirin; Aldosterone receptor antagonists such as Eplerenone; Heparin sodium; Skeletal muscle relaxers such as cyclobenzaprine, Rocuronium Bromide, Vecuronium bromide, Pancuronium bromide; Diuretics, such as amiloride; Norepinephrine; Potassium supplements
Alcohol can increase the chance of certain side effects of spironolactone so alcohol should be avoided while taking spironolactone.
What is spironolactone price? (Updated 2019.12.04)
Spironolactone price depends on your order quantity.
If you only have an order for 1kg, the spironolactone door-to-door price by courier is around 450~550usd.
Our Spironolactone cost for commercial order quantity such as 100kg~1000kg is around 300usd/kg~350usd/kg
Leave us a message to get the latest price update!
Spironolactone Technical Documents Download